Una carrera en
Slitter Operator Assistant
Sector : TC Transcontinental Packaging
Jornada completa/parcial : Full-time
About this opportunity:
The Slitter Operator Assistant (2nd Shift) will be responsible to assist the Slitter Operator for the safe and efficient operation of Slitting equipment to cut/slice printed/laminated film to the customer’s specification ensuring quality defects are identified and removed. In addition, He/She has a demonstrated understanding of slitting machine operation and factors affecting quality, waste, and productivity.
What you will do:
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, initiatives and as an active member of the Health, Safety & Wellness committee.
- Follows all safety workplace regulations, policies, and advocates safety.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Review and interpret work card for job requirements.
- Inspect product during run for imperfections and quality defects; remove non-conforming material; perform splices as necessary.
- Input/record waste and job productivities as required.
- Ensure efficiency targets are met.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of equipment with assigned preventive maintenance tasks.
- Other tasks or duties may assign by your manager/supervisor as need.
What you have to offer:
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Entry-Level: 1 year experience - as a machine helper within a manufacturing environment, preferably within Flexible Packaging.
- Experienced 2+ years’ experience - possesses a demonstrated understanding of slitting machine operation and factors affecting quality, waste, and productivity preferable experience in flexible packaging.
- Possess an understanding of the materials and structures used in production and the factors causing common defects.
What we have to offer:
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career.
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family’s needs.
- Variety of opportunities to learn and be involved in different activities. Competitive compensation.
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
The compensation and reference to benefits for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on experience, and qualifications. Please note that the compensation and benefits listed below are only applicable to successful candidates who are hired onto local United States payroll.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $18.00 - $18.00
TC Transcontinental offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which includes, but is not limited to, health care coverage, retirement plan, time off and leave programs, training and development opportunities and a range of allowances connected to specific work situations.
TC Transcontinental, Making Impressions Count
TC Transcontinental is a leader in flexible packaging in North America, and Canada’s largest printer. The Corporation is also the leading Canadian French-language educational publishing group. For over 40 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success. With our 3 business sectors of Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform, and grow while making impressions that count!
TC Transcontinental Packaging blends Art, Science, and Technology to create flexible packaging for familiar brands you encounter everyday. Packaging that protects and preserves products, accentuates brands at retail, and is sustainable. We are a passionate about sustainability and social responsibility. As a values-driven organization, we are focused on innovation and developing flexible packaging that supports our vision for a circular economy where plastic never becomes waste. Join the TC Transcontinental Packaging team and make a difference in the packaging industry.
Learn more about us: