Production OperatorTC Transcontinental, Making Impressions Count
TC Transcontinental is a leader in flexible packaging in North America, and Canada’s largest printer. The Corporation is also the leading Canadian French-language educational publishing group. For over 40 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success. With our 3 business sectors of Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count! TC Transcontinental Packaging
brings a distinctive blend of Art, Science and Technology to create flexible packaging that preserves our customers' products and accentuates their brands on the store shelf. The Packaging Sector has over 4,000 employees and 25 facilities worldwide specializing in extrusion, lamination, printing and converting of plastic products. You will join a high-performing team that is dedicated to sustainability and passionate about our people, operations, communities and products.POSITION PURPOSE:
Improve production efficiency by operating manufacturing equipment and filling production position vacancies, as directed each day by production leaders. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ANALYSIS:
- Know all safety requirements for a printing press or other equipment operation.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain a neat, clean, and organized work area.
- Physically capable of moderate to heavy transferring of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Stage materials at the Slitters, Laminator, and Presses to allow efficient operation of these machines.
- Consistently demonstrate the knowledge necessary to control tensions on production equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly dispose of waste in accordance with Company policy.
- Actively participate in sanitation activities.
- Visually inspect print quality and understand the factors in production which may cause a variance
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.