Una carrera en
Process Engineer, Blow Film Extrusion
Sector : TC Transcontinental Packaging
Jornada completa/parcial : Full-time
At TC Transcontinental, we’ve got it made, and that's because of the expertise of our team. We are currently looking for a Process Engineer to support production at our TC Griffinplant. Essential to TC Transcontinental Packaging operations, the Blown Film Extrusion Process Engineer will provide technical expertise to enhance safety measures and optimize manufacturing operations within our facility. This role will be crucial in driving process optimization, quality improvement, and overall operational excellence. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to enhance production processes, troubleshoot issues, and implement innovative solutions to meet product specifications and customer expectations.
We have been driving innovation since 1976. With over 8,000 employees and 41 production sites, TC Transcontinental is a leader in the packaging and printing industry, as well as the top French-language educational publishing group in North America. It is a company that takes care of its teams and where employees support each other. At TC Transcontinental, we lead the industry by cultivating a sense of belonging for all.When benefits really help you live better.
- Group insurance (including health, life, disability, dental and travel insurance)
- Immediately vested 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Supplier discounts on various products
- Regular full-time position
- Employee-involved decision making
- Continuously evaluate and refine the blown film manufacturing processes to enhance efficiency, reduce waste, and improve product quality.
- Investigate the root causes of ongoing challenges such as process inefficiencies, quality issues, and excessive waste. Apply effective problem-solving techniques to develop innovative solutions.
- Conduct training sessions for machine operators on the installation, modifications, and operation of new equipment.
- Maintain a system of standard operating conditions that ensures consistent processing conditions for manufacturing equipment.
- Collaborate with manufacturing supervisors, production teams, and maintenance to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing problems, preventing their recurrence.
- Collaborate with R&D and product development teams to scale up new products and processes from pilot to full-scale production.
- Identify opportunities for equipment upgrades or modifications to enhance production efficiency and product quality.
- Collaborate with the Operational Excellence team to facilitate equipment modifications that enhance machine productivity and reduce waste.
- Develop and document procedures that safely enhance machine productivity, reduce waste, and uphold product quality according to customer expectations.
- Participate in the training of machine operators for new equipment installations, modifications, and operating procedures.
- Collect and analyze production data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for process improvement.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation related to processes, procedures, and equipment specifications.
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial).
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a process engineering role within the plastics, blown film, or packaging industry.
- Strong understanding of blown film manufacturing processes, equipment, and materials.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and software for process optimization.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma methodologies and continuous improvement techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for collaborating with multidisciplinary teams.
- Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Adaptability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced production setting.
- Effective time management skills for multitasking between ongoing projects and addressing day-to-day process challenges.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint. Quick adaptability to software required for job-specific duties.
- Independent work ethic with the ability to operate with minimal supervision.